Nordita, Stockholm, Sweden
The workshop is devoted to the physics of the interaction between the accretion discs and stellar magnetospheres and structure of accretion flows onto magnetized neutron stars.
The specific topics to be discussed during the workshop include but not limited to:
- Accreting millisecond pulsars (AMSP). Spin-up, spin-down, the origin of the timing noise, geometry of the accretion column and the hotspot, pulse profiles, and possible constraints on the neutron star parameters and equation of state. Structure of accretion shocks.
- X-ray pulsars. Origin of slowly rotating X-ray pulsars, possible magnetars in the binary systems. Models for spin-up/spin-down. Propeller regime. Accretion column structure.
- Super-Eddington accretion flows around magnetized neutron stars. X-ray pulsars and accreting magnetars as ultra-luminous X-ray sources.
[Timetable - available from start of the workshop]
The workshop will consist of 8-9 half-day science sessions, which consist of about 10 invited reviews and a few invited solicited talks on specific topics. Ample time will be allowed for discussions.
- Pavel Abolmasov (University of Turku, Finland)
- David Andrews (IRF, Uppsala, Sweden)
- Matteo Bachetti (INAF/Osservatorio Astronomico di Cagliari, Italy)
- Michael Burgess (KTH, Sweden)
- Anna Chashkina (University of Turku, Finland)
- Caroline D’Angelo (Leiden University, the Netherlands)
- Victor Doroshenko (Tubingen University, Germany)
- Stefan Larsson (KTH, Sweden)
- Cole Miller (Maryland University, USA)
- Dhrubaditya Mitra (Nordita, Sweden)
- Alexander Mushtukov (University of Amsterdam, the Netherlands)
- Joonas Nättilä (University of Turku, Finland)
- Alessandro Patruno (Leiden University, the Netherlands)
- Konstantin Postnov (Moscow University, Russia)
- Juri Poutanen (University of Turku, Finland and Nordita, Sweden)
- Harsha Raichur (Nordita, Sweden)
- Stephan Rosswog (Stockholm University, Sweden)
- Felix Ryde (KTH, Sweden)
- Valery Suleimanov (Tubingen University, Germany)
- Sergey Tsygankov (University of Turku, Finland)
- Alexandra Veledina (Nordita, Sweden)
If you want to apply for participation in the workshop, please fill in the application form. You will be informed by the organizers shortly after the application deadline whether your application has been approved. Due to space restrictions, the total number of participants is strictly limited. (Invited speakers are of course automatically approved, but need to register anyway.)
Application deadline: 18 February 2016
There is no registration fee.
Nordita provides a limited number of rooms in the Stockholm apartment hotel BizApartments free of charge for accepted participants.