Scope and purpose
Every year Nordita organizes a winter school on subtopics in theoretical physics. In 2022, the topic is Waves in Astrophysics. The role of waves in astrophysical context cannot be overemphasized. The aim of the school is to focus on the fundamentals of waves in plasma and gravitational waves.
The school is open to all PhD and post-docs, as well as advanced masters students in physics and astronomy in all the Nordic and baltic countries. Astronomy students whose main focus in observational astronomy are also welcome.
● Tina Kahniashvili (Carnegie Mellon University) Gravitational Waves
● Nuno F. Gomes Loureiro (MIT) Waves in magnetized fluids
● Axel Brandenburg (NORDITA and Stockholm University)
● Jaime de la Cruz Rodriguez (Stockholm University)
● Oleg Kochukhov (Uppsala University)
● Stephan Rosswog (Stockholm University)
● Joonas Nättilä (Columbia University and Flatiron Institute)
To be announced...
Nordita will provide and pay for the accommodation of both lecturers and teaching assistants, as well as students. The group booking has been made at Biz Apartment Gärdet with check-in date 9th of January and check-out date 15th of January, and information about directions can be found in the side menu to the left. Breakfast is included in the reservation.
Application for students
If you are interested in participating in the school, please apply via the application form (see menu on the left sidebar).
The school is intended primarily for PhD students, post-docs, and advanced Masters students from the Nordic and Baltic countries.
You apply to the Nordita Winter School in three steps:
- Fill in the application form in the menu to the left
- Upload your CV as attachment to the appplication form
- Ask your supervisor or other person to send a recommendation letter to email@example.com
Note that all three steps must be completed by 30 November 2021.
Drubaditya Mitra - firstname.lastname@example.org
Hongzhe Zhou - email@example.com